We want you to have all the information you need to feel safe, and help keep us safe.
We all need to do our part for communal wellness – Guest & Staff Health Guidelines:
Health and safety are a priority for our guests and staff. There will be ample hand sanitation station stops located throughout the museum, exhibits and restrooms will be cleaned multiple times a day with enhanced sanitation protocols, and MOST staff will be wearing masks and screened daily.
- Adults to wear masks by NYS executive order; children under 2 are optional but encouraged to wear masks. Children over 2 are required to wear masks particularly when social distancing cannot be maintained
- Look for and utilize hand sanitation and wipe down stations throughout the museum
- Please wash hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing by following our guided path through the museum
We encourage families to take mask breaks outside if they choose to do so, admission is good all day.
In an effort to reduce the amount of contact with exhibits, we added:
- A new LIVE ANIMAL exhibit, Nature’s Ninjas, presented by Pathfinder Bank.
- A new pandemic-related learning kiosk in the Life Sciences exhibit
- MAKE and TAKE kits will be available to bring home in place of the MAKE exhibit
- The popular Da Vinci exhibit has returned with exciting new elements
For health and safety purposes, we have temporarily closed the IMAX and planetarium. The Science Playhouse will be accessed by party reservations only.
Membership COVID-19 Information:
IF YOUR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP EXPIRED DURING OUR PUBLIC CLOSURE: Your membership term will be extended for the entire length of time it was active during our public closure.
IF YOUR ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP IS SET TO EXPIRE AFTER OUR PUBLIC REOPEN: Your membership term will be extended for the entire length of our public closure.
IF YOU PURCHASED/RENEWED A MEMBERSHIP DURING OUR PUBLIC CLOSURE: Your membership term will begin on our public reopen date.
PUBLIC CLOSURE START DATE: March 18, 2020
PUBLIC REOPEN DATE: August 1, 2020