Explore 35,000 square feet of hands-on, dynamic, and interactive exhibits.
HOURS & PRICES
The MOST is open Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from 9:30 am – 5:00 pm, including holidays, and all school breaks. The museum offers membership levels and group rates.
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
The MOST is located in the heart of Armory Square in Downtown Syracuse. All museum guests can use metered on-street parking or pay to park in the Trolley Lot behind the museum.
Sensory Friendly Kits
Free to sign out from the MOST Science Shop during your visit, our Sensory Friendly Kits contain resources for a truly sensory-friendly visit, from fidget toys and stress balls to noise-reducing headphones. (Kits are sanitized between uses.)
Sensory Friendly Science is a set of resources, programs, and exhibits designed to support STEM learning for children with sensory processing difficulties, autism, and other developmental disabilities. From hands-on activities for home learning to our award-winning Sensory Friendly Time sessions each month, Sensory Friendly Science is just one way the MOST fulfills its mission of science education for our community.
Family Place is a quiet area for nursing mothers or families who need a moment to reset.
Food & Drink
Outside food and drink are allowed. Feel free to use our cafeteria or concessions seating. Snacks and drinks are available for purchase in the science shop, concessions area, and vending machines throughout the museum.
Photo & Video
Photography and videography for personal use are permitted in most areas of the museum. Please refrain from recording images of other visitors without their permission. The museum operates closed-circuit video monitoring for the safety of the exhibits and the public.
Visitor Code of Conduct
- Treat museum exhibits and other visitors with respect and kindness. Everyone deserves the opportunity to learn about the world around them!
- Children should always be under the supervision of an adult caregiver. No children under 16 years of age will be admitted without a chaperone.
- Explore safely! Running, throwing toys, and other rough behavior can result in injury or damage to the museum property. Take care to avoid areas that are under construction, closed to the public, or marked as staff only.
- Weapons, illicit drugs, tobacco/vaping, and alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- Proper attire (shirt and shoes) must be worn at all times. Visitors should remove their shoes and wear socks to enter the Science Playhouse.
The MOST reserves the right to remove visitors who engage in foul/hateful language, threatening or destructive behavior, theft, or other acts that conflict with our core values of include, access, and educational opportunity for all learners.
The museum offers a limited supply of complimentary wheelchairs, available on a first-come, first-served basis. All public entrances (and most exhibit areas) are accessible by wheelchair, scooter, stroller, and walker.
The MOST welcomes people of all abilities and is committed to providing equal opportunity for visitors and members.
Service animals are welcome at the MOST but must remain on a leash/harness at all times. No other animals may be permitted.
Thank you to our sponsor: