Treat your child to the MOST fun birthday EVER at the Museum of Science & Technology! Your party will have access to a private room for your celebration, with a STEM Lab activity of your choice led by one of our Science Educators! Your guests also enjoy all-day access to the museum exhibit halls, including the five-level Science Playhouse, and best of all: we do the cleanup!
Our standard birthday party package costs $250. Museum members are eligible for a 20% discount (must be logged in to receive discount).
Parties are held during regular operating hours on Saturdays and Sundays in three timeslots:
- 10:00 am
- 12:30 pm
- 3:00 pm
*Please note that birthday party slots fill up 2-3 months ahead of time. Book your slot early!
- All-day General Admission for up to 25 guests (all adults and children not including the birthday child, their immediate household, and any child under 2; additional guests over initial 25 are $6/person)
- Private birthday party room reservation for 1.5 hours
- Choice of STEM Lab Activity (see descriptions below)
Things to Know:
- Plastic table cloths and standard housekeeping services are provided. Table cloths must stay on tables for the duration of the party to ensure easy clean-up.
- The MOST does not provide food, plates, cutlery, decorations, or table service. Outside food, drinks, and party favors are welcome.
- Helium balloons are strictly prohibited.
- Party hosts are able to access the party room 15 minutes prior to their party to set up.
- Party hosts will be provided a cart on wheels to transport food, cake, gifts, etc. to and from the party room to their vehicle.
- Party hosts may put up to the front of the museum to unload their vehicle and then park after unloading.
- Party hosts will check-in with Guest Services at the admissions counter when they arrive.
- Guests will also check-in at the admissions counter and be directed to the party room.
- Party hosts are able to safely store their cart full of belongings behind the front admissions counter at the conclusion of their party if they would like to stay and explore the museum.
STEM Lab Activities:
How do rockets blast off?! Explore what makes a rocket blast off and how it is able to make it up into space. See how Sir Isaac Newton’s third law of motion plays a part with a rocket blast off demonstration!
Learn how to make slime! It’s slimy, stretchy, and colorful! This slime is made out of simple household ingredients. Each guest will get his or her own piece of goo during the party, and instructions to make more at home!
How do we know what dinosaurs looked like when they roamed the Earth millions of years ago? Learn how scientists found out – and continue to find out – as you see, touch, and explore real fossils!
Bubble Lab (Young Children’s Party)
Learn the science behind how to make your own bubbles with fun shapes and forms! Take-home instructions on how to paint with bubbles for a fun art/science project.
STEM Story Time (Sensory Friendly)
Designed for young children and as a sensory-friendly option, with mindfulness of loud noises and other sensory needs. Learn more about the book of the month here.
For more information, questions, or concerns, please reach out to the Education Services Coordinator at (315) 425-9068 x2144 or email@example.com.