The Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science & Technology (MOST) located in Syracuse, NY seeks an energetic, committed Science Educator to join its Education & Programming team. This is an entry-level position beginning at 35 hours per week. Duties include educational program development and delivery, resource creation, classroom management, and other projects as needed.
- BA/BS in a STEM field, Education, or Museum Studies
- Prior experience working in schools, museums, or other informal learning environments
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills and a positive attitude
- Microsoft Office competency
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Background check required (conducted by MOST)
The MOST is committed to teamwork and collaboration. We recognize we are a part of a community and a key part of our success is helping others to reach theirs. We are respectful and supportive of one another. We lead and learn from each other in a culture of being present; connecting with transparency, dignity, and respect.
COVID Information: All staff receives screening questions and temperature checks upon entry. Masks are required on-premises at all times.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Director of Education & Programming Dr. Emily Stewart at email@example.com with the subject line “Science Educator Position.” Applications will be accepted until December 14, 2020.
Check back for Spring 2021 internship information.
Please send a resume or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.