Science Education Coordinator
Part of the Education & Outreach Department, the Science Education Coordinator is responsible for designing, coordinating, and delivering educational STEM programs, resources, and experiences for school-age (K-12) visitors and students. This position is ideal for a dynamic, enthusiastic candidate with strong administrative and communication skills, creative ideas, and a passion for education. High preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate a commitment to programs that are inclusive, accessible, and aligned with state science learning standards. Candidates of color or from other groups underrepresented in STEM are highly encouraged to apply.
- Work collaboratively with education staff to design, deliver, and grow the museum’s K-12 educational programs
- Coordinate logistics, materials, and other preparations for educational programs and events
- Deliver classroom workshops and other programming and/or supervise education programs as appropriate
- Design and maintain MOST curriculum guides and other resources for K-12 teachers and students
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. education & interpretation, museum studies, relevant STEM disciplines)
- Experience with curriculum/classroom support and NYS Science Standards (e.g. K-12 Framework, NGSS)
- Familiarity with basic administrative roles and tools (e.g. Microsoft Office suite, Outlook, etc.)
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and efficient work habits that allow for coordination of multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Full-time (35 hours/week), including occasional weekend days
- $18/hour starting pay rate
- Health, Dental, and Vision benefits available after 3 months of continuous full-time employment
- Vacation and sick time benefits available after 6 months
- Reports to the Senior Director of Education & Programming
APPLY: Please send a resume and brief cover letter to Dr. Emily Stewart, Sr. Director of Education & Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until August 8, 2021, or until the position is filled.
Guest Services Member
Join us in efforts to share the many wonders of science with our community as a part-time Guest Services team member at the Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science & Technology (MOST) located in Syracuse, NY. Guest Services areas of the museum include admissions, science shop, theatre box office, events, birthday parties, group sales, and membership.
- High school education or higher
- Experience with point-of-sale systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Microsoft Office competency
- Reliable transportation
Applicant must be comfortable with people. Retail experience is very helpful. Weekend hours required, may also include weekdays, evenings, and scheduled school breaks.
Send a cover letter and resume to Director of Guest Services, Eric Hermann – email found at https://www.most.org/about/key-staff/
Job Types: Part-time. This is a 28-hour/week position.
Check back for Fall 2021 internship information.
Please send a resume or questions to email@example.com.