NightLab was designed for adults to enjoy an evening out and explore scientific concepts while having a great time. Our first event, NightLab: Brainfreeze, was a huge hit as guests explored the body’s most complex organ – the brain!
The next adult programming event, NightLab: Game On!, is presented by Table Hopping Magazine! and will take place on Friday, May 10 from 6 to 8 p.m.
For centuries, games have been used to entertain, tell stories, teach lessons, and challenge minds, but there’s a lot of science that goes into the making – and playing – of an exciting, addictive game, from math and psychology to probability and programming. So whether your game is Candy Crush, Call of Duty, or Catan, join us at the MOST for a playful exploration of the science of gaming at Game On!, where you will:
- Play vintage console and PC games from RetroGameCon
- Play classic and contemporary tabletop games from Play the Game, Read the Story
- Try out a virtual reality gaming experience or our alternate reality Museum Scavenger Quest
- Challenge your friends at live-action games designed to reveal the science of gaming, from the psychology of decision-making to the probability of certain outcomes
- Craft your own pixel art character and learn about the game design process from Syracuse University Computer Art and Animation students and faculty!
- Enjoy games and promotions from the Museum of Intrigue, Syracuse Society of Geeks, and more!
- Explore all MOST exhibits, including the Laser Maze Challenge!
- And much, much more!
TICKETS ON SALE SOON
- $12 for MOST members
- $15 for nonmembers