TACNY Junior Cafe Scientifique
TACNY Junior Café Scientifique, a program for middle-school students, features discussions between STEM professionals/academics and students about topics in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics in an informal atmosphere, and seeks to encourage students to consider careers in these areas. Students must be accompanied by an adult, and can explore the MOST at no cost immediately following the event. Continental breakfast is available prior to the start of each talk.
RSVP by replying, with headcount, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- October: Big World of Tiny Microbes; Dr. Yaqi You, SUNY ESF
- November: Water in Our Community; Megan Thomas, OCWA
- December: Developing New Materials for Construction; Dr. Zhao Qin, Syracuse University
- January: Birds of Prey in Flight; Dr. Kasey Laurent, Syracuse University
- February: Seizing the Sky: Controlling Aerodynamics; Dr. Yiyang Sun
- March: Water Science; Monica Platt, Upstate Freshwater Institute
- April: Squirrels in Our Backyard; Dr. Adam Parlin, SUNY ESF
- May: Recycling & Composting; Lisa Piering, OCRRA
- June: Fossils & Geologic Time; Dr. R. Ross, PRI