Summer of Science
This summer is packed with full of exciting science exploration and discovery for EVERYONE!
The MOST’s Summer of Science kicked off at the end of June and features a summer theme of space science! Join us at the MOST for a different science theme as MOST Science Educators present demonstrations and run hands-on activities.
Aug. 20-26: Our Solar System – Planets & Sun
- Hands-on activities: Make a pocket solar system!
Aug. 29 – Sept. 2: World Water Week w/ Save the Rain!
- Demonstrations: Porous Concrete & Nanofiltration
- Hands-on activities: Join Onondaga County Save the Rain for World Water Week activities
- Build a hydroelectric turbine and generator, and decide what you want it to power.
- Build your own water filter and TEST it – what size particles will it filter? Is it rigid or flexible? Does it absorb anything from the water?
- Make a water use log to take home.