CNY Science & Engineering Fair
CNY Science & Engineering Fair (CNYSEF) is now OPEN
The CNY Science & Engineering Fair (CNYSEF) is a free annual student science and engineering project fair open to students in grades 4-8 (Junior Division) and 9-12 (Senior Division). Individually or with a partner, students design, execute and present their science projects to our judges for a chance at dozens of merit awards, prizes, scholarships, and qualifying status for the International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF). Registration for CNYSEF is free for all students.
The 2021 Virtual CNY Science & Engineering Fair on Sunday, March 21, 2021, will be held remotely, in accordance with ISEF rules and guidelines. Projects must be submitted digitally following the instructions below no later than Sunday, March 14th, at 11:59 AM. The Keynote and Awards Ceremony will be live-streamed from the MOST beginning at 1:00 PM on Sunday, March 21.
To serve as a judge for CNYSEF, please complete this form.
Registration Deadline: Sunday, March 7 – 11:59 AM
Project Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 14 – 11:59 AM
Keynote & Awards Ceremony: Sunday, March 21 – 1:00 PM
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- Register the student project at http://cnysef.org/. Registration is free.
- Complete a science and engineering project in accordance with the 2021 ISEF project guidelines. You may also wish to refer to the CNYSEF Junior Judging Rubric or Senior Judging Rubric, which the judges will use to evaluate projects at our fair.
- Prepare a digital presentation/report – this will replace the typical poster presentation used during in-person fairs. Each submission must include the following:
- Student Checklist Form 1a
- Adult Sponsor Checklist Form 1
- Approval Form 1B
- Official Project Title and Abstract/Description (250-word maximum)
- Video Presentation (2-minute maximum) –REQUIRED for Senior Division, OPTIONAL for Junior Division
- Studio access at the MOST is available by arrangement with firstname.lastname@example.org for students who need assistance or equipment to produce video presentations.
- Digital Poster – The digital poster templates below align with the ISEF 2021 Project Material Guidelines. Senior Division participants in particular should review this larger set of guidelines and ensure their project presentation meets the criteria.
DIGITAL POSTER TEMPLATE FOR GRADES 4-8 (JUNIOR DIVISION) – coming soon
DIGITAL POSTER TEMPLATE FOR GRADES 9-12 (SENIOR DIVISION) – coming soon
Additionally, students may submit a video animation/simulation, a research paper, or a laboratory notebook. These elements are NOT required by CNYSEF or ISEF, but students are free to submit them if they have prepared them in the course of conducting their project. Projects involving hazardous materials, humans or vertebrate animals, and other special cases may require additional forms – your Adult Sponsor Checklist form (see above) will help determine whether these are necessary.
- Upload ALL of your forms and project materials to our submission portal (coming soon) no later than Sunday, March 14, 2021, at 11:59 AM. Your project must be registered at CNYSEF.org first.
- Watch the Keynote and Awards Ceremony beginning at 1:00 PM on Fair Day – Sunday, March 21, 2021. The Event Program will be posted here prior to the event.
Don’t live in Central New York? Find a recognized and affiliated fair in your area, here.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Frank and Francis Revoir Foundation