Honeywell Summer Science Week
2020 Honeywell Summer Science Week permission form will be linked here when funding has been confirmed. Please hold the date for your 8th grader.
Honeywell Summer Science Week is a FREE summer science program for students who have completed 8th grade. Students follow local scientists, engineers, professors and college students into the field to study the Onondaga Lake Watershed firsthand. The program is fully-funded by Honeywell.
- Sampling water chemistry, surveying aquatic and terrestrial macroinvertebrates, and compiling stream flow/profile data from the headwaters of Onondaga Creek to Onondaga Lake.
- Exploring areas of local geology with visits to the Tully Mud Boils and Bare Mountain landslide area.
- Identifying common plants and animals – both native and invasive.
- Visiting the SUNY ESF campus and the Onondaga Lake Visitors Center to learn about the steps taken to improve water quality and about the sources of pollution.
- Reviewing and discussing what participants learned from the week during Honeywell Discovery Day, held Wednesday, July 17, 2019 at the MOST.
Questions? Call MOST Chief Program Officer, Peter Plumley, at 315.425.9068 x2163 or send him an email.