Honeywell Summer Science Week
Honeywell Summer Science Week’s 13th year ran the week of July 9, 2018! A FREE summer science program for students who completed 7th or 8th grade, students followed local scientists, engineers, professors and college students into the field to study the Onondaga Lake Watershed. The program is fully-funded by Honeywell.
- Sampling water chemistry, surveying aquatic and terrestrial macroinvertebrates, and compiling stream flow/profile data from the headwaters of Onondaga Creek to Onondaga Lake.
- Exploring areas of local geology with visits to the Tully Mud Boils and Bare Mountain landslide area.
- Identifying common plants and animals – both native and invasive.
- Visiting the SUNY ESF campus and the Onondaga Lake Visitors Center to learn about the steps taken to improve water quality and about the sources of pollution.
- Reviewing and discussing what participants learned from the week during Honeywell Discovery Day, held Wednesday, July 18 at the MOST.
Questions? Call MOST Chief Program Officer, Peter Plumley, at 315.425.9068 x2163 or send him an email.