The Museum is committed to building and maintaining a first-class team.
Foundation Program Coordinator – Part-Time
- Enter donor data and compose acknowledgements
- Track pledges
- Manage board and committee meetings
- Provide administrative support to Foundation executive
- Experience with donor relations software
- Nonprofit development office experience
- BS/BA in business, communications or related field
- Ability to write clearly and quickly
- Ability to multi-task and set appropriate priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable with people from all walks of life
To apply, please send email and cover letter to Executive Vice President, Lauren Kochian.
Guest Services – Part-Time
Guest Services areas include admissions, museum science store, IMAX theater box office, events, birthday parties, group sales and membership.
- High school education or higher
- Experience with point-of-sale systems
- Microsoft Office competency
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Reliable transportation
- Muse be comfortable with people
- Retail experience is very helpful
- Hours may include weekdays, evenings, weekends, and scheduled school breaks
Send cover letter and resume to Senior Director of Guest Services, Daniel Ryan.
The MOST offers unpaid internships for college students in the following areas:
- Public Relations / Marketing
- Graphic Arts
- Photography / Videography
- Computer & Information Systems
- Science Education
We currently are looking for an Education Department intern:
Education Department Intern – Full-time, Unpaid
Job Summary: The education department intern will assist the summer camp coordinator with writing curriculum, creating and leading activities, and running summer camp. During weeks without camps, the intern will assist with set-up for upcoming camps and aid visitors on the museum floor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing demonstrations, tabling experiments, and assisting floor staff.
- Enrolled in a college with a focus in science or education.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm working with children
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of situations
- Prior experience working with children
For more information on other internship opportunities, contact someone in that department.