The MOST is committed to building and maintaining a first-class team.
The Milton J. Rubenstein Museum of Science & Technology (MOST) located in the center of historic Armory Square in Syracuse, New York, seeks a dynamic leader with experience in science museums or relevant profit or nonprofit organizations to help catapult the MOST into an exciting new phase redefining the impact of a 21st century science center.
The Qualified Professional:
- has a demonstrated track record in executive leadership and hands-on experience in order to promote the vision and mission of the MOST to the Central New York (CNY) community and beyond, with a high level of enthusiasm.
- has exceptional operational management skills and directs exhibit planning and all areas of museum administration including facilities management, legal affairs, organizational financial management, membership, customer relations, human resources, and merchandising.
- builds on the MOST’s growing science education programs, both internally and in collaboration with local school districts.
- engages regularly with the Boards and has a reputation for getting things done in collaborative and effective ways with an open approach to communications with staff and volunteers.
- is well versed in nonprofit fundraising strategies and practices, and creates, maintains and grows relationships with key stakeholders including elected officials, community leaders, donors, vendors, Board members and visitors.
Interested candidates please provide cover letter and resume to: MOSTsearch@tacny.org.
DIRECTOR, Guest Services – Full-time
A hands-on leadership position at the MOST.
- Guest and membership services management experience
- Five years of supervisory experience
- BA/BS or Associates plus transferrable experience
- Knowledge of arts/cultural institution Point of Sale and membership data system or similar software package
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Microsoft Office competency
- Retail management experience a plus
- Flexible schedule may include weekend days
No relocation benefits. Email cover letter and resume to MOST Executive Vice President, Lauren Kochian.
The MOST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
The MOST offers unpaid internships for college students in the following areas:
- Marketing & Communications
- Graphic Arts
- Science Education
Currently, the MOST is seeking an Education Department intern:
Education Department Intern – Full-time, Unpaid
Job Summary: The education department intern will assist the summer camp coordinator with writing curriculum, creating and leading activities, and running summer camp. During weeks without camps, the intern will assist with set-up for upcoming camps and aid visitors on the museum floor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: performing demonstrations, tabling experiments, and assisting floor staff.
- Enrolled in a college with a focus in science or education.
- Strong public speaking skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm working with children
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to a wide variety of situations
- Prior experience working with children
For more information on other internship opportunities, contact someone in that department.