Welcome to the Education Department!
The MOST offers several different types of science demonstrations, both at the museum and at your venue:
- 15-minute live demos are offered twice a day at the MOST on weekends and school vacations. The demos are included with the cost
of admission. Topics include liquid nitrogen, polymers, energy, and other science topics. We also offer animal demonstrations with
the museum's ball python, red-eared slider turtle, or Madagascar hissing cockroaches.
- 45-minute science demonstrations can be performed at the museum upon request for groups (an additional fee is charged) or at your
venue (called Science on the Go; fee is based on number of students and performances).
Click here for more information on science demonstrations.
- Pre-K: 20- to 30-minute shows for up to 20 children 2 and 3 years olds: $95
- Small group: up to 30 people for 45-minute show: $150
- Medium group: 30 to 50 people for 45-minute show: $200
- Large group: 50 to 75 people for 45-minute show: $250
- Auditorium Shows (or large room): 75 to 100 people: $300
- 45-minute hands-on science workshops, limited to 25 students or fewer, can be held at the museum upon request for groups (subject
to an additional fee) or at your venue (called Science on the Go; fee is based on number of students and performances).
Click here for more information on science workshops.
- Workshops performed in house: $250 per 25 students
- Workshops performed at your venue: $350 per 25 students
- Planetarium shows are offered twice a day on weekends and during school vacations. We have set shows as well as special programs
that can be booked for groups for $75 per show. The planetarium seats 50 people.
Click here for more information on planetarium shows.
Demonstrations and workshops can be scheduled for groups coming to the museum, or we can bring them out to you.
- Click here for more information on our traveling program, called Science on the Go.
- Click here for more information on booking a group visit to the MOST.
- We offer curriculum guides keyed to many of our permanent exhibits.
- Many of our movies and exhibits have corresponding lessons plans that
you can download for free from this page.
- Are you a teacher planning a classroom visit? Click here to see how the MOST can
support your lessons.
Education Department Quick Contacts
Call the main number at 315.425.9068 and then the extension for the program you are interested in.
- Education director: x2145
- Sensory Friendly Time: x2143
- Camp-Ins and summer camps: x2148
- Science on the Go (traveling science program): x2146
- Group reservations: x2141